a cover letter, clearly indicating position of interest
copies of the certificates and/or diplomas required for the position
We wish to express our appreciation to all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for a position with the Comox Valley Regional District, and advise that only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. No phone calls please.
Unsolicited or general applications for employment will not be retained.
View casual (on-call) and part-time positions which often become available on short notice and/or to address operational needs.
To assist us in reducing paper use and meeting our sustainability goals, we strongly encourage applications to be submitted via email only.
|Posting||Closing||Apply by email|
|Building Official [PDF - 441 KB]||3 pm,
|Water Utilities Technician [PDF - 404 KB]||3 pm,
|Lifeguard / Instructors (up to five part-time (on-call) [PDF - 242 KB]||3 pm,
|Waste Management Attendant (Full-time 3 month term) [PDF - 715 KB]||3 pm, May 26|
|Bylaw Compliance Officer||3 pm,
|Rural Planner (Term - up to six months)||3 pm,
|Waste Management Operator Casual (on-call)||3 pm,
|Custodian, permanent part-time (on-call)||3 pm,
|Screening = applications being reviewed
Interviewing = shortlisted candidates have been contacted
Filled = position has been filled
Rescinded = posting cancelled
Any prospective employee agrees:
- that should a position offered fall within a bargaining unit, membership is compulsory and union dues will be deducted;
- that if employed, one agrees to comply with the terms and conditions of employment as outlined in the appropriate collective agreement, if applicable, and/or the human resources policies and employment practices of the CVRD;
- that one may be required to show proof of the validity of driver's licence, professional licences, and/or education when such certification constitutes a job requirement;
- to provide information identifying previous and past employers, to be approached for references;
- that criminal record checks and security clearance will be required.