It’s not just a career, it’s a way of life. The Comox Valley is an attractive geographic location, rich in rural agriculture, vibrant urban, meandering coastline and dramatic mountains. There is unlimited possibilities of spectacular outdoor activities available throughout the region including the Gulf Islands. The Comox Valley Regional District covers an area of 2,425 square kilometres and provides services to a population of approximately 63,538.
Employment opportunities will be posted as they become available. Applications for available positions with the Comox Valley Regional District (CVRD) must be received prior to the indicated closing date and time and shall include, (prefer attachments to be in Portable Document Format (PDF)):
a cover letter, clearly indicating position of interest
We wish to express our appreciation to all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for a position with the Comox Valley Regional District, and advise that only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. No phone calls please.
Unsolicited or general applications for employment will not be retained.
To assist us in reducing paper use and meeting our sustainability goals, we strongly encourage applications to be submitted via email only.
|Job Title||Employment Type||Status||Closing|
|Human Resource Coordinator||Permanent Part-time (working up to 40 hours bi-weekly)||open||
|Lifeguard/Instructor Part-time (on-call) up to eight positions||Part-time (on-call)||screening||3 pm,|
|Recreation Facility Attendant Part-time (on-call) up to five positions||Part-time (on-call)||interviewing||3 pm,|
|Facility Maintenance Worker (up to two positions)||Part-time (on call)||filled||3 pm|
|Senior Manager Comox Strathcona Waste Management Services||Permanent Full-Time||interviewing||3 pm|
|Engineering Analyst||Full-Time Term
(CUPE Local 556)
(up to 12-months)
|Supervisor - Comox Valley Waste Management Centre||Regular Full-Time
(CUPE Local 556)
|Screening = applications being reviewed|
Interviewing = shortlisted candidates have been contacted
Filled = position has been filled
Any prospective employee agrees:
- that should a position offered fall within a bargaining unit, membership is compulsory and union dues will be deducted;
- that if employed, one agrees to comply with the terms and conditions of employment as outlined in the appropriate collective agreement, if applicable, and/or the human resources policies and employment practices of the CVRD;
- that one may be required to show proof of the validity of driver's licence, professional licences, and/or education when such certification constitutes a job requirement;
- to provide information identifying previous and past employers, to be approached for references;
- that criminal record checks and security clearance will be required.