Stage Three Water Restrictions
STAGE 3 – NO LAWN WATERING
- During stage 3
- no person shall
(i) water a lawn or boulevard;
(ii) fill or add water to a swimming pool, hot tub, or garden pond;
(iii) fill or add water to or operate a decorative fountain at any time;
(iv) wash a vehicle or a boat with water; or
- a person may
(i) water trees, shrubs, flowers, and vegetables on any day between the hours of 4:00 a.m. to 7:00 a.m. and 7:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m if watering is done by hand-held container or a hand held hose equipped with an automatic shut-off nozzle;
(ii) water newly planted trees, shrubs, flowers and vegetables by hand held container or a hand-held hose equipped with an automatic shut-off nozzle during installation and at any time during the following 24 hours after installation is completed;
(iii) use micro-irrigation or drip-irrigation systems to water trees, shrubs, flowers, and vegetables on any day between the hours of 4:00 a.m. to 7:00 a.m. and 7:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m.;
(iv) water all-weather playing fields at any time, but only if failure to do so will result in a permanent loss of plant material; and
(v) use water to wash sidewalks, driveways, parking lots, exterior windows, or exterior building surfaces, but only if necessary for applying a product such as paint,preservative, and stucco, preparing a surface prior to paving or repointing bricks, or if required by law to comply with health or safety regulations.
- As exceptions to the stage 3 restrictions
- nurseries, farms, turf farms, and tree farms are exempted from the restrictions;
- local government water parks and pools are exempt from the restrictions;
- local government may use a sprinkler to water parks, ornamental lawns and grassed boulevards between the hours of 11:00p .m.-7:00 a.m. on even numbered days for even numbered addresses and odd numbered days for odd numbered addresses;
- owners or operators of golf courses may water:
(i) fairways at any time on not more than one day per week;
(ii) trees, shrubs, flowers, and vegetables grown on golf courses in accordance with stage 3 sections 1 (b) (i), (ii), and (iii) of this schedule; and
(iii) golf greens and tees on any day if failure to do so will result in permanent loss of plant material.
- wading pools less than 200 centimetres in diameter may be filled with water up to a maximum depth of 30 centimetres; and
- vehicles and boats may be washed with water only at car dealerships and commercial car washes using less than 205 litres of water per vehicle wash or 50 per cent recirculated water as long as the total amount of water, excluding recirculated water, does not exceed 205 litres per vehicle wash.