- Water safety week 1 - proper use of personal floatation devices [PDF - 610 KB]
- Water safety week 2 - safe diving [PDF - 232 KB]
- Water safety week 3 - understanding your limits [PDF - 414 KB]
- Water safety week 4 - safe boating [PDF - 354 KB]
- Water safety week 5 - the dangers of open water [PDF - 216 KB]
- Water safety week 6 - swimming with a buddy [PDF - 355 KB]
A Pleasure Craft Operator Card is required to operate power-driven boats and watercraft in Canada - It’s The Law.
Every person who operates a motorized boat in Canada must obtain proof of competency. You can obtain a Pleasure Craft Operator Card by passing a Transport Canada Accredited boating safety test. Getting your Operator Card proves that you are a competent boater and ensures that you understand Canada’s navigation rules and how to boat safely.
Boaters can obtain their official Pleasure Craft Operator Card, commonly known as a boat license or boat card, by successfully passing the BOATsmart! exam.