Fees and Registration
Fees and Memberships
Looking for a pass that suits your individual or family needs? Membership provides you with additional savings to help you stay active for life! Consider one of our 3 month, 6 month or annual membership options, or single 10 visit drop-in pass options.
Some of the programs offered at the CVRD sports and aquatic centres require participants to complete and submit health screening or financial assistance forms.
How to Register
- Pay by cash, cheque, debit, Visa or Mastercard. We also accept Quality Foods Rec Bucks.
- There are two ways to register for recreation programs - by phone or in person. [PDF - 134 KB]
1. By phone, call 250-334-9622, press 2. The registration phone line is available from September through June:
Monday - Thursday 8:00 am – 8:00 pm
Friday 8:00 am – 6:30 pm
Saturday 8:00 am – 1:30 pm
Sunday 8:00 am – 1:30 pm
Closed on statutory holidays
2. In person, register in person at either of the following locations during customer service hours.
- Sports centre 3001 Vanier Drive, Courtenay
- Aquatic centre 377 Lerwick Road, Courtenay
General Registration Guidelines
- pre-registration is required for all classes except when specified as drop-in classes
- fees are to be paid in full at time of registration
- program fees include applicable taxes
- class sizes are limited and are filled on a first come first serve basis
- waitlists: we review waitlists on a continuous basis and whenever possible try to accommodate everyone
- interested in a course:add your name to the waitlist so we may contact you if space becomes available
- cancellations: all classes are subject to cancellation due to insufficient registration; these decisions are made up to one week prior to the start date - in this case, a full credit to your account or refund will be issued; register early to avoid disappointment
- missed classes: classes missed due to illness, weather, power failures or other events beyond our control will not be credited or refunded
- withdrawals: unless otherwise specified at registration:
- prior to start of program: a full credit to your account or refund will be issued if we receive withdrawal notification prior to the course start date
- after start of program: if you are not satisfied with your program or wish to withdraw for any reasons, and if notice is given prior to the close of the third class, a pro-rated credit to your account or refund will be issued from the date of notification; exceptions apply for leadership courses; pro-rated credits or refunds after the third class will only be considered for medical reasons.
Credits or Refunds
Credits to your account are processed immediately. If a refund is requested:
- fees paid by Visa or Mastercard will be refunded to your credit card account within 5 business days
- fees paid by debit, cash or cheque will be refunded by cheque; please allow up to 3 weeks for delivery of a refund cheque