Parks & Trails
The Comox Valley Regional District manages and protects regional parks - boat launches, beaches, forests, and over one hundred kilometres of forested trails.
View a map of the CVRD's active parks [PDF - 550 KB]
|Construction notice for Goose Spit Park April 17 to May 31|
- Goose Spit park two portals to the top of the dunes overlooking the water are accessible and one fire ring close to HMCS Quadra.
- Note, the mats that make the last ring accessible aren’t out until the beginning of the beach fire season, May 1st.
- Royston Seaside Trail between the Hilton Road parking lot, heading north to Chinook Road is accessible.
- If you encounter a bear, back away slowly (preferably in the direction you came), speaking to the bear in a calm tone. Walk, don't run, and keep your eye on the bear so you can see how it will react.
Cougar Safety Tips
- Look the cougar in the eyes and make yourself look big, throw rocks or sticks and yell.
- Pick up children or pets as sudden movements can trigger attacks.
For More Information
Learn More About Alternatives To Invasive Species
- The Comox Valley Growers and Seed Savers host monthly meetings.